Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013

I don't think I've ever shared this, but I have to confess that I'm superstitious about the number thirteen.  Obviously, I dreaded the thought of a whole year of thirteen, but surprisingly, it was a pretty good year. 


 I wanted to share my most viewed posts from 2013.
 If you missed the post, or would just like to see it again, simply click on the image
 and the link will take you to the full post.

I had several wonderful and totally humbling things happen to me during the year.  The first was the fabulous opportunity to have my home professionally photographed and featured on Houzz.
 

Houzz Home Tour


I was honored to be invited to style a room in The Design House at The Old Lucketts Store.
Thank you Suzanne and Amy.


My Mix 'n Chic Girly Office

I always try to use architectural elements in my garden.  I guess my readers do too based on the number of pageviews.


Building Fragment in My Garden


I didn't realize how many different mirrors I owned until I walked around the house and captured room reflections in them.


Home Tour in Mirror Images

My brick patio was my warm weather workshop until I found some fabulous Chinoiserie garden furniture and was inspired to style the space.


Chinoiserie Furniture on My Patio


I'm always on the hunt for interesting empty frames.  Pinterest helped with this post.


Bundled, Layered, or Stacked--- Empty Frames Work for Me

Surprisingly, vintage bamboo was very popular.


Our Bamboo Bed

I do a lot of repurposing.  My most popular transformation was this old door which became a chalkboard.


Repurposed Vintage Door

My family room mantel undergoes many seasonal changes.  Here's one from this year.

Fall Mantel

Styling book shelves is a favorite of mine.  I had fun shopping my house and filling my latest find.

One of My MCM Bookshelves

Gallery walls are my nemesis.  I  guess you all were interested in some suggestions for wall designs too based on the pageviews.

Gallery Wall in My Daughter's Apartment


Last, but not least,  I shared my love for urns and trophies.



Urn in My Laundry Room


Thanks to all of you who continue to follow my crazy design experiments.

Here's to another great year with minimal thirteen worries.

Happy New Year


Kathy




3 comments:

  1. Stopping by to wish you a Happy New Year and to say I enjoy following along with All About Vignettes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I always enjoy seeing pictures of your home and especially the GORGEOUS porch! Wishing you and your family the happiest of 2014.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy new year!!! looking forward to an awesome 2014!

    ReplyDelete