Thursday, March 15, 2018

Architectural Fragments As Design Inspiration

If you follow my blog, you know that architectural elements are a big part of my home design.   I use them inside my home as well as outside in my garden.   All the images I'm sharing are from older posts on my blog.   If you'd like to see the entire post, just click on the highlighted word or click on the image and you'll be directed to the full post.

I used half columns behind the day bed on my screened porch.

COLUMNS ON MY SCREENED PORCH

Part of a corinthian column is a side table in my foyer.

SECTION OF A COLUMN AS A TABLE BASE

The column next to the dresser in our bedroom once helped support a large mantel.

COLUMN FROM A VINTAGE MANTEL

I have another shorter column next to my favorite chippy chair.

COLUMN NEXT TO MY FRENCHY DESK AND FAVORITE CHAIR

A rescued garden gate fills a large wall space in my living room.

VINTAGE GARDEN GATE IN MY LIVING ROOM

On the bottom shelf of one of the bookcases in my family room,
 I used matching fragments as bookends.

ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENTS AS BOOKENDS

There is another styled cupboard in my kitchen.
You can see the architectural fragments scattered on the shelves.

STYLED CUPBOARD IN MY KITCHEN

In the foreground of this image of my patio, you'll see two cement "urns".  They were once part of a large fountain.  Now, they're just my garden art.

MY PATIO

Chimney pots from the roof of an old building are planters in my garden.   I also placed salvaged cement fragments in my flower bed.

PERGOLA IN MY GARDEN

Do you rescue vintage fragments?  How do you use them?

ENJOYED THIS POST? 
 Sign up to receive a notification every time I publish by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment