Saturday, June 6, 2020

MY LATEST VINTAGE FIND: DOROTHY DRAPER CHAIRS

Over the years many tables and chairs have passed through my kitchen.  When I found these Dorothy Draper chairs by Baker Furniture,  I knew that the Chinese Chippendale chairs had to go.


MY DOROTHY DRAPER CHAIR

The back is just as detailed as the front.

FRONT AND BACK DETAILS

If you've been following my blog for a while you know that not only do I love black and white, but I also love nail head trim.

MY FAVORITE:  NAIL HEAD TRIM

There is even more nail head trim around the curved back.


Another detail:  a medallion applique.

ADDED MEDALLION

This brass handle is also a Draper signature-style feature.  It appears on many of her furniture pieces.

DOROTHY'S SIGNATURE STYLE:  BRASS HANDLE

BRASS HANDLE

And just when you think she just can't add another detail, you notice the greek key design carved into the back rest.

GREEK KEY CARVED DETAIL

Aren't they wonderful!

Dorothy Draper is one of my favorite designers.  I'm sure it's because she always uses black and white, adds pops of color, and mixes patterns.  Best of all, she's not a minimalist.
To learn more about her and her bold unique style,
 go here.

To see my post about my other find, my Dorothy Draper Espana dresser, go here.

ENJOYED THIS POST? 
 Sign up to receive a notification every time I publish by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment