Sunday, January 20, 2019

THE OTHER SIDE OF MY LAUNDRY/BUTLER'S PANTRY

I recently wrote about the room off our kitchen that serves as our laundry/butler's pantry/office.  If you missed Part 1 of the room (the left side), click on the highlighted words to be directed to  that post.

Today I'm sharing the right side of the room.  To help you visualize the space, this first image shows what it looks like from the kitchen.  The door at the end of the room leads to a powder room.

LOOKING INTO MY LAUNDRY/BUTLER'S PANTRY/OFFICE
How can you have a butler's pantry without dishes?  My transfereware is in the top half of the vintage cupboard that I cut in half.  My other set of favorite lettuce leaves dishes are always visible and accessible on a free-standing pot rack.  I've written about my lettuce leaf plates before here.  If you check out the link, you'll see what the space looked like before this latest change up.

MY LETTUCE LEAF PLATES ON A POT RACK IN THE CORNER

The cupboard on this side of the room holds all my pantry items.  It's where I store canned and dry goods, pasta, sauces, condiments--you get it.  It's my non-perishable foodstuffs back up.  It originally was a plain two-door cupboard top.  To make it match the cabinet on the other side, I added some fluting trim, stained braided trim, and since it was topless, I repeated the natural wood top to match the countertop on the other side.  There are two shelves inside that provide perfect pantry storage.  One day I'll go Marie Kondo on it, but for now cans and boxes and bags are just stacked there.  It's not too deep, so I can easily see what I have.  Of course I painted it black.

MY PANTRY CUPBOARD

No space is ever left unstyled at our house.  The top of the pantry cupboard is no exception.

STYLED PANTRY CABINET

On the left is a framed art collage.  The green in the art picks up the green accents in the room.

FRAMED COLLAGE ART

Below the art are a pair of cement garden spheres I'm using as bookends for my perfectly weathered leather books.  The spheres add another pop of green.

CEMENT GARDEN SPHERES AS BOOKENDS

I stacked my vintage bread boards as a backdrop on the right side.

VINTAGE BREAD BOARDS STACKED ON THE RIGHT SIDE

COLLAGE ART, LEATHER BOOKS, SPHERES, AND BREADBOARDS

VINTAGE BREAD BOARDS

As I mentioned at the beginning of the post you can see the other side of the pantry here.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.  See you soon.

ENJOYED THIS POST? 
 Sign up to receive a notification every time I publish by clicking here.



1 comment:

  1. It would be a pleasure to do laundry in your laundry room. :)

    Looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete