Saturday, March 6, 2021

MY NEW WORKSPACE--SUNSHINE, SPHERES AND SPARKLE

Recently I abandoned my desk in an upstairs bedroom and claimed the spinet desk on the main floor.  The desk was in the family room.  I dragged it through the foyer to its new location in  a corner of the living room.  I removed everything from the living room corner with the exception of the large pier mirror leaning against the wall.  I like it there. I faced the desk into the room with the mirror behind me.  The wing chair was already in that room and became my desk chair. The disco balls have been rolling around this room for a long time.  They originally were a tree skirt under our Christmas tree.  That was many Christmases ago.  They were just too pretty to put away after the holidays so they roll around all year long.

MY NEW WORKSPACE

 I photographed the space and was ready to edit and write the post the next day.  When I walked into the room the next morning, I was greeted by sunshine and sparkle.  Those disco balls are amazing.  You know how I feel about sunshine, spheres, and sparkle.  I just had to get the camera and start all over.  By the time I finished taking the photos, the sparkle had traveled to another location.  

SUNSHINE, SPHERES, AND SPARKLE

Since I ran out of sparkle before I could photograph everything again, this post will be a mix of photos with sparkle and photos without any shimmer at all.

SUPER SHIMMER UNDER MY DESK

The reflection filled the ceiling too.

CEILING REFLECTION

REFLECTION IN MIRROR

I have a yellow lab, but that didn't stop me from adding this pillow to the wing chair.  

DOG PILLOW

There aren't many drawers in this desk so I used a magazine rack for my folders.

MAGAZINE RACK FILE BOX

The art was already there.  They're a pair of architectural drawings.

ARCHITECTURAL DRAWINGS


Where do you have your "office".

If you'd like to see my spinet desk in its previous location, go here.

To see my tree with its disco ball tree skirt, go here.

ENJOYED THIS POST? 
 Sign up to receive a notification every time I publish by clicking here.

2 comments: