Saturday, March 20, 2021

Furniture With Hooves

Ever since I saw this bench/coffee table on the cover of Celerie Kemble's interior design book,
BLACK & WHITE (and a bit in between), I have been fascinated by hoof-legged furniture in design.
( I have to say that I also love the over-sized mattes she used when framing the art.)


Of course as I was out and about with my husband,  I immediately noticed this side table at Zgallerie.  I must have really admired it because he bought it for me for my birthday.  I believe it's no longer available.  That was many birthdays ago.


Here it is perfectly styled in the home of Valorie Hart, The Visual Vamp's blog.
Currently you can follow her on Instagram here or Tumblr here.  She describes herself as a collector of images.  She truly is.  I get lost in her Tumblr feed.
I found a place for mine next to my favorite book-reading chair.  Perfect.

MY SIDE TABLE WITH HOOVES

And not to be out done by furniture, I noticed in my silver plate collection (hoard) that one of my pieces had hooves.


SILVER PLATE TEAPOT WITH HOOVES

Check out those hooves.

TEAPOT WITH HOOVES


So, are you a furniture-with-hooves fan?

If you want even more images of furniture with hooves, go to my Pinterest board, 

You can buy Celerie Kemble's book on Amazon

7 comments:

  1. I have an ice cream table that has hooves...I bought it in the 1970s, when it was about 25 years old. It's been a favorite, showing off in various rooms in several different houses over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never noticed hoove legs before......that's surprising. Now I'll probably see them a lot. I love your silver pot too! I thought I had visited all the shops near Luckett's but not this one. Then when I clicked over I saw that it was a new one. Will definitely check it out in May and visit Mary Alice's spot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My story is more the one that got away. Last year when I was out and about I came across a coffee table. I loved it. Describing it may sound awful, trust me it wasn't haha, it had an oval glass top. The bass was a very nice aged brass and had four hooves at the base. I already have a coffee table that I really love and didn't want to store it before taking out to my booth.....so I missed the boat. Your new table fits right in with your decor. Very original!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I don't think I've ever noticed furniture with hooves. Now I'll be looking. I love that your husband bought you that table. It is a perfect side table for your chair. The silver tea pot is great! Guess I'll be looking for hooves on silver too. 😂 Fun post! I'll check out the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Sarah. I love hearing from you. Hope you and your family are well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love furniture with hooves. Did you know that we are featured in Valorie Hart's first coffee table book? You can see more of it in the sidebar of my blog. Love your table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ron. I didn't know you were in her book. What a wonderful nod to your style. I'm going to check it out now. I love her and her design choices. I've been following her for years. Congrats to you.

      Delete