Saturday, June 27, 2020

I ADDED A FRENCH BULLDOG TO MY SUMMER GARDEN

My perennials have started taking turns blooming in my summer garden.   The annuals that I planted in the Spring are blooming too.   I always have a mix of perennials for variety all summer and the annuals are my constant color.  This year I added a french bulldog to my garden.

FRENCH BULLDOG IN MY GARDEN


I planted some vinca around the rocks.  I like to use vinca because it's deer resistant, unlike its look- alike impatiens.  I add rocks in different shapes and sizes to the flower beds.  
The ones with fossils belong to my geologist husband.


DEER RESISTANT VINCA


You know that all the dogs in my home wear necklaces.  This bull dog wears rhinestones.

BULLDOG WITH A RHINESTONE NECKLACE

One of the early garden bloomers is this fabulous lime green hosta.  The chartreuse color is spectacular and the leaves are huge.  The deer love it, but I have it in a protected section so it won't become deer salad.  It divides easily, so it pops up in different sections of the beds.

MY SPECTACULAR CHARTREUSE HOSTA


This time of year it sprouts bell-like flowers from a stalk.

BELL SHAPED BLOOMS ON A STALK



HOSTA BLOOMS


I found these geraniums on the $1 plant rescue shelf at Lowe's.  
They were droopy and the leaves were brown, but they really perked up.

MY BARGAIN GERANIUMS


The primrose are also blooming near my chippy fence.  They've really taken over the bed.

PRIMROSE SURROUNDING MY CHIPPY FENCE


What do you plant in your garden?  Perennials, annuals, or a mix?
What do you mix in with your flowers?  Found objects, rocks, statuary?

No comments:

Post a Comment