Saturday, July 11, 2020

THE TV GALLERY WALL DILEMMA

I know for some of you that that large black rectangle we call a TV isn't a problem.  Ours is huge.  It dominates the room and fills the whole expanse of the buffet that supports it.  I'm working on trying to blend it into the space by surrounding it with a gallery wall.  I wanted to share some of my Pinterest inspirations with you while I work on my TV gallery wall.


I'm inspired by this image because the art climbs high onto the wall and is layered, some even peeking out from behind the screen.

ONE

I probably should do something organized like this kraft paper layout (IMAGE ONE), but you know that I'll just assemble my art/collectibles and start hammering nails into the wall.

KRAFT PAPER LAYOUT FOR THE TV GALLERY WALL
WHAT I SHOULD DO BUT PROBABLY WON'T


What do you think about filling the space with "matching" art?

TWO


This asymmetrical gallery wall would be easier to pull off.  I also think it looks less cluttered and more interesting to the eye.  Notice that the accessories are also asymmetrical and also notice the way the art and accessories slope to the left forming an angle.

THREE

What about the art only above the television?  The pendant light completes the the space.
 Are you noticing that there's a lot of black and white in all the gallery wall choices?

FOUR

This would be so simple to create--minimalist, off center, and lovely.

FIVE

Why not paint the wall black, let the TV blend in, and the artwork pop?  Brilliant.  Did you notice that they outlined the wall to make it look like it was inside a frame?

SIX

I think the look I'm going for is a collected/curated look.  I'll have art, but I'll also have collectibles in the mix.  The next image gives you an idea of what I'm talking about.

SEVEN

Here are some suggestions if your TV is wall mounted.





Which configuration do you like?

I'm working on my gallery wall.  Check back for that post.

There are more inspirations on my Pinterest page, TV Gallery Wall.

To see the gallery wall I created with sea life prints in my daughter's apartment, go here.

Image Sources: (You can also click on the images.)

1.  2. 3.  4.  5.  6.  7,  8.


1 comment:

  1. I am loving the painted black wall. Who knew? But it looks great!

    ReplyDelete