Friday, December 12, 2014

My Other Mantel

Sherry, who writes the blog,  No Minimalist Here, invited me to participate in her Christmas Blog Hop.  I usually share my family room mantel, but for this holiday hop,  I'm featuring the faux mantel in my sun room.  

My Holiday Mantel
Have you noticed that for years silver seemed to be the metallic of choice for holiday decor?  
 This year I'm noticing that golds and especially copper are showing up for the holidays.

Chinoiserie Chairs with Copper Pillows

My copper demijohn left the foyer to be part of the mantel decor.  I draped it with a copper wreath and a garland of copper ribbon and beads.  It's next to a cloche filled with feather trees.

My French Demijohn
I placed preserved boxwood orbs on top of my houndstooth hurricanes.  To give them some height,
 I used some black and white books as risers.  I dangled some copper garlands too.  
 The Santos Angel traveled from the foyer to be on the mantel. 
 (The reflection in the mirror is my pull down classroom reference map that's on the opposite wall).


My MCM greek key mirror is always on the mantel.

Greek Key Mirror

I thought these chippy finials were just the right color.  
My chinoiserie faux bamboo chandelier is reflected in the mirror.

Gold Finials and Chinoiserie Chandelier
There's a third finial on the opposite side.  The mini sunburst mirror is actually an ornament.

Another Finial and a Sunburst Mirror

Santos Angel
I still have another mantel to share, my holiday tree, and some outside decor.
I hope you'll come back and see me again.


Kathy


Thank you Sherry for organizing this Hop.


Please visit all the participants for some great holiday decor ideas.
Click on the highlighted blog title and the link will take you to their blogs.

Enjoy.



Links to Participants
Please visit them all to see what fabulous holiday ideas they've shared.


Wednesday 12/10








19 comments:

  1. I can always expect the unexpected here Kathy and you didn't disappoint......it's beautiful....and I love the copper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn. I love your holiday decor too. I want to steal your vintage tree.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Martina. Happy Holidays. Love the color on your front door and the holiday decor.

      Delete
  3. I am in love with all this gorgeous copper. That demijohn is amazing. You know how much I love my gold, so now I just may have to add in a little copper too. Such a beautiful vignette. I adore those bamboo chairs too, You always do such gorgeous displays and this one is definitely one of my favorites. Merry Christmas from My House to Yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marty. I really have ditched my silver this year. It' so funny how tastes change. But for me it's copper and gold this year.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I love the glitz and glam of the mantle. I adore your mirror so much. I enjoyed my visit! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ron. That mirror is one of my fav finds. Loved visiting your home and your decor too. I'm no where near ready for the holidays as you are.

      Delete
  6. Kathy, This is beautiful! I love how you used copper to decorate for Christmas and the large Santos is wonderful. Thanks so much for joining the Open House blog hop and Happy Holidays!
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sherry and thanks for inviting to join your blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks amazing. I mean, a paper bag would look good in front of that mirror :-) I love the copper touches. So very lovely! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love that mirror. It's one of the things in my home that doesn't move around.
      Happy Holiday.

      Delete
  9. Kathy, love this look! Your mirror and the chairs made my heart skip a beat. '-)
    Looking forward to seeing more of your home decorated for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah. I knew you would like the chairs. Happy Holidays

      Delete
  10. Kathy that Greek key mirror is simply stunning and I love the way you have chosen to adorn it for the holidays! Your copper touches are the perfect compliment for your mantel as well. The entire vignette jumps off of the brick wall and pretty white mantel. You have made some incredibly perfect choices in your Christmas decor. Love it all!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. I just took a peek at your post. I'm in love with all the icy blue in your home.

      Delete