Monday, January 30, 2017

Un Art

Art doesn't always have to be an oil stretched onto canvas or a print matted, framed and hung on a wall.  For me, ordinary objects can be art as well.



A large garden gate is art layered behind a framed map in my living room.

A Garden Gate as Art and as a Back Drop

In my sun room, a pull-down classroom sea life map is my over-sized art.

Pull-Down Classroom Map As Art

An iron window grate is art on my mantel.

An Iron Window Grill as Art in Family Room


I filled a container with a collection of shed antlers.

Shed Antlers in a Glass Container as Art

The cloche on my porch has a mercury glass bird and coral.

A Bird and Coral Fill a Cloche

More shells fill a large faux shell on my mirrored table.

More Shells as Art

A large garden gate is art layered behind a framed map in my living room.



I placed a remnant of my Trina Turk fabric into a frame for some modern art.

Framed Fabric Remnant as Art


I applied architectural book plates to book spines.

Architectural Book Plates Applied to Book Spines in My Pantry


An architectural fragment, urns, and globes are "art" in our bedroom.

A Column Fragment, Globes and Urn "Art" in Our Bedroom

Faux taxidermy is art too.  My Anthropologie elephant trophy is a fave.

Anthropologie Elephant Trophy as Art

On my screened porch, a large metal ceiling tile is my art.

Antique Metal Ceiling Tile on My Screened Porch


A wall sconce, leather books and an architectural fragment are my foyer art.

Foyer Art:  Wall Sconce, Architectural Fragment, and Leather Books


I've had a pair of these wonderfully weathered farm machinery gears for a while.
They need to find a home in my home soon.



I'd love to know what you have as "un art" in your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment