Sunday, July 14, 2013

My House on Houzz


Kitchen designs, bathroom designs, and more ∨

Ideas for your living spaces, lights and landscape design.
As you revamp your house, browse photos for inspiration on everything from fireplace mantels to crown molding and wainscoting.


If you haven't discovered the ultimate on-line interior/exterior design resource, Houzz, you need to check it out NOW.   You can browse photos by style, room and location and save them to your very own idea book.  I've been following for a while.  They cover all home-decorating related topics.

One of their features is the Home Tour.  Imagine my surprise and excitement when one of the Houzz editors contacted me and asked if I'd be interested in having my home photographed for their site. 
 Of course I said yes, and before I knew it, one of their photographers, C.M. Glover, called me and scheduled a time to come to my house.   She is an experienced photojournalist who specializes in the use of available light photography.  She spent the whole day taking pictures of my home for Houzz.

If you've been following my blog, the featured rooms are all ones you've seen before with the exception of the brick patio.  What a difference when a professional takes the shots!  She was so good and a pleasure to work with.   She took photos from angles and perspectives that I'd never imagined.

I am sooo excited to share the feature.   To see my Home Tour Feature on Houzz, go here
or click on the Houzz logo.




A big thank you to Houzz and C. M. Glover for capturing my collected-over-time-mix-and-match-DIY-style and for the wonderful opportunity to be included in their fabulous design resource site.

Kathy

I've been reading the sweet comments on the site and smiling.
Be sure to check them out too if you visit Houzz.


5 comments:

  1. I just saw your home featured on Houzz and loved it. Now I'm a new subscriber to your blog. I live in VA and hope to visit your shop some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Kathy!!! You are amazingly talented!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I saw it this morning on my ipad while riding in the car on the way home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, Congrats on a well deserved honor and a great feature on Houzz. Your home is beautiful and I love how you incorporate such unique and unusual items....Georgeous!
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!! You have an awesome house!! And congrats!!
    Buddha statue

    ReplyDelete