Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My Dilemma with Gallery Walls

Before I share my dilemma, I want my readers to know that Donna, who writes the very popular blog, Funky Junk Interiors, will be a guest speaker at the Lucketts Market on Sunday, May19.  If you don't live in the DC area, you can win a trip to shop at Lucketts Market, The Design House, and hear Donna too.
 Find out how today on Donna's blog.
 Just click here for info on how to win a trip to the Lucketts Spring Market.


Now, gallery walls, my nemesis.

My only experience with a gallery wall was at my daughter's apartment,
and I have to admit that my husband had to rescue me.

Gallery Wall at My Daughter's Apartment

I have since seen some suggestions for gallery walls that appear to be random arrangements rather than perfectly centered and lined up.  I think this is the way to go.

Via


Via
This next arrangement may be a little too symmetrical for me.
What do you think?

Via

This seems easier since there aren't as many frames.

Via

I think that someone with my spacial relationship abilities could achieve this diagonal arrangement without measuring.  What do you think?

Via
How easy would this be?

Via
This next arrangement would involve no nail holes in the wall at all. How many mistake holes do you have hidden behind your artwork?

Suspend rope and move the pictures around as many times as you need to to get it right.
 Suspended links of chain would be even easier.

La Dolfina, via Pinterest

And for the seriously math challenged (like me) I think these next images are perfect solutions.

Just line up the bottoms of frames.  If the frames are different sizes, all the better.  Even I would be able to draw a straight line with my favorite tool, a four foot level, and line them up.  Or, just lean them on a ledge.

Via

What about a double row.  Feeling challenged?

Via

Same idea, love the addition of the antlers.

Via

I know that you're supposed to lay it all out on the floor on some paper
or make patterns of your frames before putting them on the wall. Tried that.
It's easier for me to enlist someone who can read fractions on a ruler.

 I've used this quote before but couldn't help sharing again.



Help, I need some feed back about your gallery wall experiments.
(And, don't forget to enter to win a trip to Lucketts Spring Market.)

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment