Saturday, December 9, 2023

CHINOISERIE MANTEL

 It’s another year that I decided to not have a tree for Christmas.  Instead, I’m enjoying adding a garland to the stairway and holiday decor to the mantel.  I never understood why my Mom didn’t want to have a tree for Christmas.  Now that I’m her age, I really get it.

There’s a mantel in my sunroom.  A few months ago I found some seagrass trees.  I thought they’d be perfect in a room that already has seagrass furniture.  The faux bamboo Chinoiserie mirror that’s always on the mantel set the tone for me.  The pagodas and the ginger jars are meant to be table place card holders.  I added a ribbon and pretended they were ornaments.  Another change in my “mature” holiday decor is the use of faux greenery.  The Norfolk Pine garland is from Kirklands and the cedar wreath is from TJMaxx.   I really had fun with the mantel.





Have you changed the way you decorate for the holidays?

If you'd like to get a notification each time I post here, go to the Follow.It button in the left side bar on the blog web version and follow the prompts.

I've been posting on Instagram @allaboutvignettes and on Facebook All About Vignettes.  I'd love for you to follow me there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment