Thursday, August 2, 2012

Chinese Chippendale Desk Chair

I recently purchased this vintage desk for my family room.
 I loved the yellow color, the chippiness of it, and its chunky legs.
 I finally picked the fabric for the desk chair that I wanted to use next to my Spinet desk.

Vintage Spinet Desk

The chair I chose was a Chippendale design.  I love the chair but. . . .   it had a less than desirable seat cover.  Here's the before.



I chose a pale grey zebra stripe from my fabric stash and changed out the fabric.
 You know how I love animal prints.



I think it looks good next to the desk.  I pull it around to the front when I use the desk.  The black lacquered chair picks up the other black accents I have in the room.
 I consider animal prints neutrals.




     I also placed a bamboo Chinese Chippendale chandelier on the other side of the desk.


Hollywood Regency Chinese Chippendale Chandelier



It's really a comfortable chair to work in at my desk.  It's also perfect extra seating.
Do you have a favorite chair or piece of furniture?



   



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Love your new desk. Such a great find. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that pale gray zebra fabric! and love the glossy finish of the chair- great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that desk is fabulous. Love the chunky legs....so unique!

    ReplyDelete