Wednesday, December 8, 2021

FORAGED HOLIDAY DECOR

 I always like to use clippings from my garden during the holidays.  My favorite foraged greenery is from Magnolia, Cedar, and Nandina.  This year I'm using my Nandina shrub. Its leaves have turned a perfect holiday red and the Nandina "tree" produced tons of red berries.  

I started my holiday decorating outdoors.   In the summer my Chinoiserie planters are filled with ferns.  For Christmas I clipped my Nandina and put branches and berries inside the iron spheres on the planters.

The planters are on either side of the garage entrance.  This one is on the left of the doors.

CHINOISERIE PLANTER WITH NANDIA CUTTINGS

I love the berries.

BERRIES ARE THE PERFECT HOLIDAY RED

The planter on the right shares space with a clock that's only correct twice a day and a lattice screen.

CHINOISERIE PLANTER, LATTICE, AND CLOCK

THE OTHER CHINOISERIE PLANTER


I clipped branches from my Nandina shrub and tied them to the lamp post with  black and gold ribbon. Yes, raking our leaves is on our to do list.

LAMP POST WITH  GATHERED NANDINA CLIPPINGS

I  gave the obelisk near our front porch the same treatment.

OBELISK TOPIARY WITH GATHERED NANDINA BRANCHES

I have an iron topiary in the side yard.  I added branches and berries to it.  The tall grass in its Fall color makes a perfect back drop.

IRON TOPIARY WITH NANDINA BRANCHES AND BERRIES

I couldn't forget the mailbox.  Here she is in a sea of leaves.  Don't miss the Bella photo bomb in the upper left of the image.

MAILBOX  AND NANDINA IN A SEA OF LEAVES

How do you decorate outdoors for the holidays?

To see the iron planters in the summer when they hold ferns, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment