Saturday, July 18, 2020

STARTING MY COLLECTED/CURATED TV GALLERY WALL


Recently I wrote about some inspiration for my TV gallery wall.  I think I've decided the direction I want to take to create a gallery wall around the television in my family room.   Artwork and interesting collectibles will be part of the design.  Vintage bookplates will be the art and I'll mix in some favorite objects from my home to add interest and dimension.  I'll unify the gallery wall by using all black frames and by adding some green to break up the black and white. 

I always buy vintage bookplates whenever I see them.  FYI, these plates were originally artwork inside antique books.  Many are very detailed and often hand-colored.   I purchased several nature-themed ones.  Here are a few of them unframed and mounted inside a mat.

HAND-COLORED BOOKPLATES

They fit perfectly into standard size frames.  

MATTED AND FRAMED BOOKPLATE

  I wanted the framed bookplate art to be part of a collected/curated gallery wall around the TV.   I was hoping to distract from that huge black rectangle with some smaller black rectangles filled with art.   This is just the start of the gallery wall.  I began on the left side and selected two of the framed prints,  a green demijohn filled with branches from the yard, and this wonderful vintage mannequin.  I use a vintage MCM buffet for a TV stand.  It's one of my favorite purchases.  You  can get a hint of the size of the TV beast.


THE BEGINNINGS OF MY GALLERY WALL

You can see the demijohn better in this next image.  The vintage MCM chair is one of a pair.  When I purchased them they were covered in red vinyl.  I saw their good bones and had them re-covered in a nubby green fabric.  I love the curved back and the covered buttons.

DEMIJOHN WITH BRANCHES FROM MY YARD
VINTAGE MCM CHAIR AND BUFFET

What do you think about placing a larger print above a smaller one?  I really like this up-side-down look and like it even better when there's a graduated vertical row of art with the smallest on the bottom.

STACKED FRAMED BOOKPLATE PRINTS

A closer look at one of the framed bookplates.

A CLOSER LOOK AT ONE OF THE BOOKPLATES

A CLOSER LOOK AT THE OTHER PRINT

I love this vintage mannequin.  Of course I added a snakeskin scarf and some jewelry.

VINTAGE MANNEQUIN



You'll have to check back as I continue to fill in around the TV.  I'm not sure if I'm going to put the art above the TV as well as on either side.  I also need to find some more non-art to give the wall a collected/curated look.

How do you hide your TV?  Or, help it blend in.

If you missed my previous post with my TV gallery wall inspirations images, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment