Sunday, February 24, 2019

HOW I ACCESSORED A BOHEMIAN DESK

I recently purchased this intricately carved bohemian desk.  
A Chinese Chippendale bamboo chair works next to it.

CARVED BOHEMIAN DESK AND CHINESE CHIPPENDALE BAMBOO CHAIR

The chair cushion is made from a vintage Kantha quilt.  How Anthropologie is that?

KANTHA QUILT CHAIR CUSHION

DETAIL OF KANTHA QUILT CUSHION

Besides the ornate carving, the desk top is bordered with a greek key motif.

GREEK KEY BORDER DETAIL

 I always accessorize with what I have on hand.  This desk was no exception. 
I started with a beaded tray as the base and began to layer vertically.
 Two books with blue spines were the next step for my accessory pyramid.  They support a chippy column base topped with a preserved boxwood sphere.  A ceramic chain link cascades down the side.  Notice the gold leopard trinket tray in front and the sunburst mirror that I used as a back drop.

BEADED TRAY AS A BASE FOR ACCESSORIZING

Books, either vintage or new, but always with unique covers, are my go to accessories.  They always add interest and height.  My latest favorite books are these ones with quotes.  Notice that on either side of the books are some urn bookends.  They were too pretty to turn sideways out of view.  I topped the stack of books with a marble picture frame, and filled another leopard trinket tray with some fun pens.

BOOKS WITH QUOTE, URN BOOKENDS, MARBLE FRAME, LEOPARD TRINKET TRAY, AND FUN PENS

How do you accessorize a space? Do you have a plan in mind? Or, are you random like me and gather seemingly unrelated items to create a cohesive space?   I'd love to know your game plan.



To see a previous post about styling a space with books, go here.

I've written about layering a space before.  Go here to see that post.

No comments:

Post a Comment