Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fall Tablescape


I so liked the animal hide on my x bench that I decided that I'd  take the hide rug from the sun room and drape it over my dining room table.

Rug in Sun Room ready to find a new home.
 
Rug draped in its new location.

 I have this Clarence House remnant in Fall colors that I always drag out when the weather turns cooler.  Usually I drape it over a mantel, but this year I layered it over the rug.


This close up shows the fabulous fabric with an assortment of birds surrounded by paisley.  On top of the layering I placed one of my sunburst mirrors, a candle pedestal from Pottery Barn with a bird in a nest, all enclosed in a cloche and draped with burlap.  (Yes I decided that I would keep this arrangement rather than sell it.) The acorns are molded cement.  I had them outside last year.  I love how they weathered.

View from the Dining Room.

I'd love to see what you've done for Fall.  Please share.

Kathy


To see my Fall mantel go here, 
and for more Fall ideas go here.



1 comment:

  1. I love, LOVE the sunburst mirror as a tray! And I want those acorns!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete