Tuesday, November 29, 2011

New Sale New Stuff

Since the sales are so close together and I'm feeling a little time crunched I decided to photograph some of the items before they are in place at the barn.  I have a real mix this time. 

One of the traditional pieces of furniture that I'll have for sale is this fabulous antique flame mahogany dresser and mirror.  It doesn't have to go only in a bedroom. 
It would work in a foyer or formal living room too.


Not only is the flame mahogany impressive, but all the knobs have an inlaid compass rose pattern.
The look of flame mahogany is achieved by cutting across the grain of the wood for an elegant pattern.

Compass Rose Inlaid Knobs


For those of you who love the Ralph Lauren look, I have 9 yards of this wool tartan plaid fabric.



In a totally different direction, I'll have 4 panels of vintage barkcloth.  Each panel is 110 inches long.  They are absolutely fabulous.



I also have a set of 4 designer Italianate chairs.  They're new but so wonderful.




I'll have a selection of vintage cloths and also these pillows made from antique linen. 
They have a hand-sewn toile insert.



The back is also hand stitched with vintage buttons.


I painted this Empire oval side table a Swedish gray and added a vintage glass knob.



I also have a vintage sled with great chippy green paint.  It's perfect for holiday decor.


This chinoiserie lamp is vintage.  Blue and white always works in decor.


And for all of you who are thinking about some New Year's Eve bling,  I've filled a small tree with vintage costume jewelry.



I hope you can make it to the sale.   We'll have holiday and home decor in addition to our vintage finds.

Stylish Patina Barn Sale
December 2, 3, 4
10 am until 4 pm

Get your holiday shopping started with us.


Where are we?
4051 Stanford Ct. Frederick, MD

Directions from D.C. Area
1. 495 N towards Maryland
2. I-270 N
3. Exit 32 merge I-70 W Hagerstown
4. Exit 52 merge US-15/US 340 W
5. Merge to the the left, follow 15 S
6. Left Mountville Rd (1st traffic light)
7. 1st Left Winchester Blvd
8. Wind thru Stanford Industrial Park
9. 2nd Right at 4051 Stanford Ct.

Other Places to Visit!
Make it a day of shopping.....
Downtown Frederick MD (6 miles)
Downtown Leesburg, Va (15 miles)
Lucketts, Va (11 miles)
Chartreuse & Co. Barn (4 miles)

{blog/website} www.stylishpatina.com/thebarn


Kathy


2 comments:

  1. that dresser is gorgeous- those knobs are amazing!!!!
    wishing you a wonderful sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Kathy! I'm curious...do you have any more antlers? I've been thinking about using them in my Christmas decor and can't find any!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete