Saturday, March 14, 2020

MY DAUGHTER'S BATHROOM RENOVATION--THE REVEAL

Last week I shared the BEFORE of my daughter's bathroom renovation.  You might want to check  out that post before you read this reveal.   


Here's looking in to the space from the hallway.
LOOKING IN FROM THE HALL
The ostrich art fills the space above the toilet.  The green in the print inspired the green walls--
-----Benjamin Moore Kennebunkport Green, HC -123.



I know I said to check out the BEFORE post, but I couldn't resist sharing a peek of the BEFORE here.

BEFORE

BEFORE

Our biggest challenge was finding a vanity to replace the wall-mounted sink.  The width and depth of the space really limited our selection. There was a very small foot print for the width, and the depth was another concern.  The door opened directly in front of the vanity.  We also replaced the floor.  You can see the reflection of the new shower head in the mirror.

NEW VANITY AND FLOOR
We chose a simple molded sink and brushed nickel fixtures.  The mirror was one I had used in my bathroom.  I love the shape of it and the silver tones are perfect with the brushed nickel fixtures.



In the BEFORE post I mentioned that we had to work with the shelf under the window.  It had to stay because it hides some duct work.  We used some of the extra floor tile on top of the shelf and added a marble tray, some silver spheres, and a topiary.

SHELF UNDER WINDOW
SPHERES, TRAY AND JEWELRY
As I said in the BEFORE post, we removed the bathtub and installed a walk-in shower.  We bumped out several feet into the adjacent bedroom.  It was a very good solution to enlarge the shower area.

WALK-IN SHOWER

We chose subway tile for the walls and a penny tile for the niche and floor.  We also built in a bench.

SHOWER, BENCH, AND NICHE

SHOWER NICHE

We repeated the shower floor tile in the niche.

NICHE WITH PENNY TILE

I'm breaking down again and sharing a BEFORE of the shower.

BEFORE

Last but not least, the new shower head.

BRUSHED NICKEL SHOWER HEAD AND SUBWAY TILE

I hope you check out the entire BEFORE post.  The transformation is pretty dramatic.


SHARING ON A STROLL THRU LIFE

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful job!!!!! I'm certain she is ecstatic!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vickie. She is so happy with everything.

      Delete