Tuesday, February 18, 2014

European Cottage Dresser

I definitely have a soft spot for furniture with a cottage look.  This naturally worn, well-loved European dresser fits that spot.  The color is original; the patina perfect. 



Those over-the-years smoothed-to-the touch turned knobs are one of my favorites.  
Notice the knot holes peeking through the patina.



What's not to love about the curvy apron with a naturally chippy edge.


The chunky turned bun feet make the piece.




The back side shows its age.



I can't forget to mention the goat giclee resting on this piece.  I thought he was the perfect accessory for the cottage/country piece.  Notice how it's framed with webbing and nail head.  I'm stealing that idea.


Dresser and goat are up for grabs at our next Sweet Clover Barn sale.
February 21, 22, 23.

Kathy








2 comments: