Saturday, June 26, 2021

MAPS AS ART: YEA OR NAY?

I frequently frame maps and use them as art.  For me, art doesn't always have to be an oil stretched on to canvas or a print matted, framed and hung on a wall.  I like to call it un art.  

Originally, this map was in my living room.  I moved it to the dining room after our kitchen renovation.


Originally this art was in the living room.  When we renovated the kitchen I moved it to the dining room. 
MAP OF ROME IN ITS NEW LOCATION




Of course I like the map because it's black and white.  

CLOSE UP OF THE MAP

The frame is pretty wonderful too.  It's vintage and I was so happy when I realized the map would fit in it.   Hoarding sometimes pays off.  I had it in waiting for years.

FRAME DETAIL


Here it is in its previous location.

MAP OF ROME IN MY LIVING ROOM


If you'd like to see the post when the map was in my living room, go here, or click on the image to be directed to the full post.

I've also written about un art before.  If you'd like to see that post, go here.

What do you use as un art?

ENJOYED THIS POST? 
 Sign up to receive a notification every time I publish by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment