Thursday, October 27, 2016

Faux Marble Kitchen Countertops

My daughter and I have been slowly updating her new home.  
If you missed the dining room sneaky peek, go here.

The kitchen will be our biggest project.  It has its original 1950's metal cabinets.  They're actually in really good condition.  For now we'll be painting them and adding new hardware.  

I don't know if I ever shared this, but I hate red.  I guess it rubbed off on my daughter.
She knew she could live with the cabinets for a while, but the red formica counters were an eyesore.  Mom's solution was faux marble contact paper.  We thoroughly cleaned the counters and applied the paper to the countertops and backsplash.  I think it looks pretty good.  Contact paper has come a long way.    Here's the result.  Please ignore the blue walls and picture nail holes.


I think that the countertops are very realistic.

New Countertops in the Sunshine

Notice the farm sink.  Sara loves the deep sink with the built-in drain board.  
She plans on keeping the sink once she renovates.  Here's a closer look at the sink.

Farm House Sink and Drain Board

Of course I'll share the before.


  
I bet you don't like the red either.
Here's the other side.



The other nice feature about the kitchen is the large stove.  
It's fairly new and has a warming oven too.



We definitely have our work cut out for us, but we'll get it done.

This is the contact paper I purchased from Amazon.  There's quite a selection to choose from.
Go here to select your "marble".


No comments:

Post a Comment