Saturday, July 17, 2021

Design Musings: Layered Book Shelves

Last week I wrote about layering art and mirrors over windows.  I thought this post from 2016 was a good follow-up post, so sharing again.  (Link to last week's post at the end of this one.) 

I'm all about layering, especially when it involves book shelves.  It doesn't matter if it's a mirror or framed prints, I love the look when they are layered over a styled bookcase. 

This is my all time favorite.  The shelves, the books, the fabulous randomly placed prints.



The prints don't even have to match each other.

Source

This over-sized art consumes the shelves but it looks fabulous.  

Source

The art repeats all the colors in this boho chic room.

Source

Stacked vintage oils work too.

Unknown Source

Another block-the-bookcase art that makes the room.

Source

It even works on a small bookcase in a tiny bedroom nook.

Source

More mis-matched art in this mix and match fun room.

Source

I haven't forgotten about using mirrors in the same way as framed art.

The contrast of the white against the dark background makes these bookshelves and the room.

Source

A layered mirror works in a very traditional room.

Source

It works with bohemian too.

Source

What about a very small mirror?

Source

And last but not least, mirror and framed prints in a row.
I love that fabric on the sofa too.

Source

Do you think you'll give this look a try?
Prints? Mirrors? Large?  Tiny?  All?

Link to my post about layering art and mirrors over windows here.

ENJOYED THIS POST? 
 Sign up to receive a notification every time I publish by clicking here.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures!! I use a landscape on the front of our built-in bookcases for most of the year. At Christmas, I put a large needlework there that says.....yep, you guessed it.....Merry Christmas!! Before I tried and liked the landscape, I had a bigger needlework there that said God Bless America. One day, I will probably put it back.....you never can tell :^)
    Blessings to you,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love it and I’m going to do it soon. I’ve always liked that look but hadn’t done it because my daughter didn’t like it (She’s a minimalist, ugh!) Now that she’s married and decorating her own house, I will do it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia. Love your comments and love that you're not a minimalist.

      Delete