Sunday, June 1, 2014

Chic Faux Taxidermy

For a while I've been collecting antlers and scattering them around my home.

Antlers, Collected Over Time in a Jar

  Turtle shells, both real and faux, are hanging on walls,


Faux Turtle Shell

 displayed on shelves,


Turtle Shell on My MCM  Bookshelf

and resting in bowls.

Turtle Shells in My Dough Bowl

 Lately though, I've added another natural decor element, faux taxidermy.
 As my daughter remarked, "Mom, what's with all the animal heads everywhere?" 


My Most Recent Faux Taxidermy Find


There are more and more variations of deer, elephants, zebras, horses, and rhinos.
 I'm tempted by all of them and am trying to restrain myself.
 Here are some of my favorite faux fascinations.


Via
Via

Mache Elephant Head

Via


Via


Via

Via
Via


Faux Antlers with Jewelry and Resin Lion's Head Shelf



Via

Via

Via


Sweet Clover March Sale


Via

Via



Via


Via


Via


Via

Via

Faux Steer Head



Via

Via


Via

My 2013 Mantel

Via

So, are you fascinated by faux?

Kathy

























No comments:

Post a Comment