Friday, November 2, 2012

Antlers and Seed Pods

At the end of my street is a tree that drops the most wonderful pods while releasing its leaves.  They look like huge pea pods and turn a warm brown, curling and twisting perfectly.  The next image shows them wrapping themselves around a vintage book.


I decided to fill an urn with these wonderful seed pods and let them entwine with my deer antlers.


I placed some around the base of the urn too, mixing with my weathered cement acorns and more antlers.


Here is a close up of the acorns, antlers, and seed pods on my garden table.



The arrangement even looks good viewed from behind.


What have you found outdoors and used in arrangements?

Kathy

If you missed my other posts about Fall decor, go here, here, here, and here.

Please follow with Feedburner.  You'll get a notification whenever I post.
It 

No comments:

Post a Comment