Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fall Market at Wild Rose & Co.

This Saturday, October 1, I'll be one of the guest vendors at Wild Rose & Co. , a fabulous home decor shop in Walkersville, Maryland.
It's their Fall Market and in addition to  vintage furniture and accessories there will be pumpkins, jewelry, potpourri, and Fall decor.
Initially I was only planning on bringing my vintage stuff, but since it was a Fall market I decided to include some Fall home decor in my selection.

If you know me you know that I have a compulsion to place objects under cloches.  The Fall decor was no exception.  Check out the treasures under glass that I'll have for sale.


In the background is a wooden candle pedestal from Pottery Barn.  I draped burlap ribbon around it and added a nest, eggs, and bird.  One of the smaller cloches holds a dried artichoke with a flower on a bed of moss.  The other has a crow perched in a puddle of pine cones and mini pumpkins.  A faux acorn is nestled under the mini cloche.


  I happened to come across this ribbon.  It so reminded me of the much-hyped Missoni at Target style.



I had some vintage brown bottles that I was planning on taking to the sale.  They begged me to add a pop of color to them with the ribbon.  I obliged and put horizontal stripes around their bodies, added a tourquoise "scarf" around their necks, and topped them off with peacock feathers.  The iridescent  turquoise in the feathers and the tourquoise ribbon matched the turquoise zig zag in the ribbon.   The peacock is mine, but he thought he'd look good in the photo.
Don't you love mixing turquoise with brown?


For you DIYers who already have a bottle stash, I'll be selling peacock and turkey feathers individually.

I'm not done yet.  I filled containers with a Fall assortment.  I really wish that I had had more antlers.  They looked good in an arrangement I made earlier.


I'm keeping this one but here's the how to link to the post.


I filled the jars with pine cones, mini pumpkins, dried artichokes, dried chinese lanterns, lemons, feathers, acorns, and even a crow in one of them.  In front of the containers is a glass jar with mini pumpkins topped off with an artichoke candle.  Can you identify the wooden piece in the foreground?  It's an insert to a vintage cash register.  The sections were for change, but I filled them with mini pine cones and pumpkins and votives in Fall colors.

I'll have vintage furniture and accessories mixed in with the decor.
I hope you DC area readers can come to the sale. 
Make sure you say hello.  I love to meet my readers.  My sweet niece, Elizabeth, has volunteered to help me out so make sure you meet her too.

For those of you who can't attend, I hope I've given you some Fall decor ideas.


DON'T MISS

Wild Rose & Co. Marketplace
21 W. Pennsylvania Ave.
Walkersville, MD 21793
301  304-0105


Saturday, October 1, 2011
10 am to 5 pm

To see some non-holiday ideas for decorating with cloches, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment