Sunday, June 3, 2018

CLASSROOM EDUCATIONAL CHART AS ART

I'm convinced that art doesn't have to be in a frame.  One of my favorite pieces of "art" is a roll-down classroom educational chart.   It fits perfectly between a pair of windows in my sun room.  You'll also see that the chart was the inspiration for the earth tones I used in the room.

CLASSROOM EDUCATIONAL CHART IN MY SUN ROOM

Notice the zebra cushion on the Chinese Chippendale chair.  It's a pillow that fit perfectly onto the seat of the chair.  The geometric patterned pillows on the wing chair and sofa are the same fabric that I used on the draperies on the side windows.  (The side banks of windows aren't pictured, but you can see the draperies reflected in the mirrored frames on the window.)  I chose no draperies on the windows that face the back yard because there's only a field behind me and privacy isn't an issue.  Instead of draperies, I layered coral prints in mirrored frames directly onto the window grid.   


ANOTHER ANGLE OF THE ROOM

 Notice the pops of coral that complement the earth tones.



I think what I like most about the chart is the way it reflects into the mirror on my mantel on the opposite wall.  The chinoiserie chandelier is a vintage find.   

CHART REFLECTED IN MY GREEK KEY MIRROR ON MY MANTEL

I went for symmetry on the mantel.  I placed freeze-dried boxwoods into pairs of houndstooth votives.  I needed a bit of height for them so my go to riser is always books.  I chose ones with black and white dust jackets.






What do you use as art?

If you'd like to see the draperies and another part of this room, click on here
and you'll be directed to that post.

No comments:

Post a Comment