Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mid Century Modern X Coffee Tables

My family room is going Mid Century Modern. It's a completely different look than other rooms in my house, but I'm liking the look more and more.   It all started with a buffet that I use as a tv stand.  It's the perfect height for tv viewing and has a ton of storage.


  A friend of mine found me a pair of X base coffee tables.  The image is of one of them.  I liked the base but wasn't crazy about the top.  




Originally I was going to paint the top and add nail head around the edge.  What I ended up doing was having a mirror with a beveled edge cut for the tops.  I like them in front of the modern Petrie sofa I bought from Crate and Barrel.  I think they also go well with the Flokati rugs I just found.



 I'm having second thoughts about the mirrors.  They're constantly covered with finger prints.  I may have an upholstered top added in place of the mirrors.

I also was very excited to find these coasters at Pier 1.  I love the design.  They come in many colors but of course I purchased orange ones.  Now I need to get my family members to use them.


I'm working on changing up the mantel in this room but I'm not there yet.

Check back.

Kathy


6 comments:

  1. I like the tables with mirrors! Too bad about the fingerprints because they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous change. Looks terrific.

    I love the X tables. Coasters are perfect.

    You are so talented.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw yes, if only families would use the coasters. Great look. I am happy to be a new follower from Frugal Friday.
    Laura
    http://imsovintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you take the mirrors off and paint the wood tops black to match the sofa? Actually, I thought the color of the wood as it appeared in your photograph would have gone very well with the goldish-orange-y color tones in your room. The tables are beautiful, with mirror tops or without!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look PERFECT in the room. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can antique the mirrors & the fingerprints will hardly show!

    ReplyDelete