Saturday, January 7, 2012

Chevron Chair

Yes, it's one of my favorite designs again, chevron.  Instead of a table, I'm using it on a chair.
On one of my shopping trips I came across this side chair. 
I loved its lines, but I wanted to change the fabric.
(I had removed the nail head trim before I took the photo.)



Before re-covering it, I sanded, primed, and re-painted the chair.  I then used some brown and white chevron fabric on the front and seat.  I added nail head trim on the back rest and matching cording, which I made, around the seat.  I'm very happy with the result.



Here's a close up of the matching bias cording .  I always like to add this.
It makes the seat look more professional and finished. 




I kept the brown fabric on the back, but decided to add some of the cording around the edge.  I think that the purchaser of this chair should add a monogram to the center back.



I'll have this chair for sale at our next barn sale, January 20, 21, and 22, weather permitting.
Stylish Patina Barn Sale
4051 Stanford Ct. Frederick, MD




Kathy



13 comments:

  1. that looks awesome! you are so good- that kind of work scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chair looks fabulous.

    I love the pattern. It definitely adds class to the chair.

    Elizbeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fabulous - love the nailhead trim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, I am in love with the fabric. Great choice for this pretty chair.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the perfect before and after! I want to invite you to stop by my blog and participate in the "impossibility" challenge I am hosting with six other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chair is awesome!

    A few blog friends and I introduced a new challenge idea today and it would be so fun if you want to join. If you have a second, check in at http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/imagine-the-impossibilities-challenge/ to learn more, and feel free to email me if you have any questions!
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful chair makeover! I love the cording and the nail-head trim that you added!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, just thought I let you know. Your covered books are featured here.
    Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful job!! I agree, the piping does make it so much more professional, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's beautiful! I need to learn how to the cording... It looks greats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely adore this makeover! And the new years mantel is completely lovely...you are always full of great inspiration, lady! Hope 2012 is treating you well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very very cute. I love anything chevron!

    ReplyDelete