Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January Barn Sale

It's time for our January sale at the barn.  I've had almost six weeks to get ready.  What a luxury that is compared to a seven day a week obligation.  Each month I've done something different.  This month I'm doing a lot of --cameras, pulleys, molds, wooden boxes,and industrial stuff.  My favorite find, which I've featured on the back wall, are a pair of framed medical reference illustrations.
They're from a medical book, Human Anatomy (1907), by Dr. George Piersol, a 20thC University of Pennsylvania Professor of Anatomy . 


To the left of these large illustrations is a huge wooden mold for sand casting metal wheels.
It looks like a big wooden wheel.


Below the illustrations is the gray and orange striped dresser that I painted.  On top are some covered books with an elephant (I made another set for the sale), and a glass container with brightly colored orbs.

Here's a close-up.



I'll have some industrial pendants that can be hard-wired or used with a plug.





Also, some hanging pendants with chains and an Edison bulb.



You all saw the chair I re-covered in a Chevron pattern.  Next to it is a document box with a steer skull, and below, the vanity bench I painted orange and covered with Imperial Trellis fabric.


I love that skull.  Here's a closer look.



I also have this wonderful vintage Corona typewriter and a vintage typewriter stand.



I filled a table with an assortment of books, boxes, bottles, iron farm gears, and insulators.




I placed the letter R in front of a bamboo mirror from Ballard, and on the bamboo table is an old dictionary, a globe and some maps.



I also have a large iron wheel, a metal stool, and several large vintage tins.



I also have a drafting table and T-square, an old metal kitchen stool, and the tiniest adding machine I've ever seen.  Drafting tables are perfect for an extra serving table and they store flat.


For those of you who love to use vintage cameras in your decor, I have quite a selection of interesting ones.



I hope you can make it.

Kathy

Link to more images of what we'll have at the barn.  Click here.


Stylish Patina Barn Sale
January 20,21,22
10 am until 5 pm

Where are we?
4051 Stanford Ct. Frederick, MD

Directions from D.C. Area
1. 495 N towards Maryland
2. I-270 N
3. Exit 32 merge I-70 W Hagerstown
4. Exit 52 merge US-15/US 340 W
5. Merge to the the left, follow 15 S
6. Left Mountville Rd (1st traffic light)
7. 1st Left Winchester Blvd
8. Wind thru Stanford Industrial Park
9. 2nd Right at 4051 Stanford Ct.

Other Places to Visit!
Make it a day of shopping.....
Downtown Frederick MD (6 miles)
Downtown Leesburg, Va (15 miles)
Lucketts, Va (11 miles)
Chartreuse & Co. Barn (4 miles)

{blog/website} www.stylishpatina.com/thebarn





1 comment:

  1. Wow....one fabulous vignette after another.

    Good luck at the sale.

    ReplyDelete