Saturday, November 19, 2022

SPIKEY SPHERES

I've been working on the guest bedroom with my granddaughters in mind.  Even though the room has a European vibe, I chose this modern Sputnik flush mount lighting.   I filled a large empty wall with some decoartor paper.  It gives the effect of over-sized art and is the perfect backdrop for my spikey chandy. 

SPIKEY CHANDY

Originally this room had a vintage chandelier with acanthus leaves.  I really liked it, but anyone over 5'4" bumped into it.

VINTAGE CHANDLIER

The acanthus leaves were fabulous.

CLOSE UP OF ACANTHUS LEAVES

After choosing the new lighting, I realized that I have a thing for spikey objects.  This sphere is on one of the shelves in my dining room cupboard.

GOLD SPIKEY SPHERE ON A CUPBOARD SHELF

The spikey sphere on a pedestal is my dining room centerpiece.  I've written about it before here.  It actually is a light fixture that never made it to the ceiling.

SPIKEY SPHERE CENTERPIECE

Another spikey sphere rests on an Hermes book box in a corner of the family room bookcase.

SPIKEY SPHERE IN A CORNER OF MY BOOKSHELF

I'll be posting more of the guest room as I complete it.  I pretty much removed everything.  It's much easier for me to start with a blank slate.

 If you'd like to get a notification each time I post, go to the Follow.It button in the left side bar on the blog web version and follow the prompts.

No comments:

Post a Comment