Saturday, August 8, 2020

MY AUGUST GARDEN: POPS OF LAVENDER IN MY COTTAGE GARDEN

Images from my August garden continue.

I'm not much of a fan of purple, but it seems to be the main color in my August cottage garden.   

As my perennials take turns blooming throughout the summer, my annuals provide constant color .  My favorite annual is Lantana.  This year I chose trailing lavender Lantana. You can see it cascading out of the planter.

TRAILING LANTANA IN A PLANTER


LANTANA CLOSE UP

Looking in the opposite direction you can see the purple Vinca that I planted around the lamp post.  I buy Vinca because the deer won't touch it.  They don't seem to mind the heat and continue to bloom and grow even when I forget to give them a drink. 

VINCA AROUND THE LAMP POST


I planted more vinca among the grasses and boxwoods.

POPS OF PURPLE AMONG THE BOXWOODS AND GRASSES


VINCA AND MY HAPPY FRENCH BULLDOG


There's even more purple!!!!

The Clematis is a perennial that climbs my arbor every year.

CLEMATIS ON MY ARBOR


The Dianthus is also a perennial.  I count on it to fill a hanging basket in the side garden.

DIANTHUS IN A HANGING BASKET


This is a sneak peek at my Russian Sage.  I'll be sharing more of it later.


RUSSIAN SAGE

What colors do you add to your garden?

To see my previous summer garden post about my giant black-eyed susans, go here.

Here's another kitchen sneak peek.   I'm waiting on some cabinets and the splash, but wanted to share an image of one of the two islands and the hood.  Yes, my cabinets are black.

ONE OF MY KITCHEN ISLANDS


BLACK AND BRASS RANGE HOOD

No comments:

Post a Comment