Saturday, August 1, 2020

MY AUGUST GARDEN: GIANT BLACK EYED SUSANS

This month of August I'll be sharing my garden.  It's been a hot lonely summer for me,  but my cottage garden is thriving.  I've been enjoying the giant Black Eyed Susans that fill one of my kitchen windows.

GIANT BLACK EYED SUSANS


This is my view from my kitchen window.   This is also a sneak peek at my kitchen renovation that's still on going.  Yes, I've painted all my windows and doors black.  

VIEW FROM MY KITCHEN WINDOW


There are two of these giants on either side of my kitchen porch.  One is blooming faster than the other.

PAIR OF BLACK EYED SUSANS NEAR MY KITCHEN SIDE DOOR



They're over six feet tall!  Just for some perspective, notice that they're as tall as the arbor.

THEY ARE AS TALL AS THE ARBOR

I brought some in to enjoy inside too.  
One more kitchen sneak peek.  They installed the counter this week.  I'm still waiting on the backsplash.  The hood needs to go in first.

SOME CUTTINGS WAITING FOR A VASE AND MY NEW COUNTERTOP

How is your garden growing this summer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment