Saturday, April 24, 2021

BLOOMS AND TENDRILS

I know that the winter weather is behind us when my garden wakes up with blooms and tendrils.  My favorite ferns are still uncurling tendrils.

FERN TENDRILS

The hosta are also twisting and uncurling. 
They'll soon fill the space and provide some yummy salad for all the deer. 
I would love to hear about some natural solutions to keep deer from eating my plants.

HOSTAS TWISTING AND UNCURLING


My tulip magnolia tree is one of my first signs of Spring.

TULIP MAGNOLIA BLOOMS

The rhododendron is not far behind.

RHODODENDRON

This past Fall I purchased some Giant Allium from Holland Bulbs.  They're still growing so no photos of them yet.  I can't wait to see their blooms.  I received some mini tulip bulbs as a gift with my order.  I planted them among the boxwoods and grasses in one of my beds.

MINI TULIPS


One of my ground covers, Creeping Jenny, has also appeared.  I love her lime green color and the way she keeps the weeds somewhat under control.

CREEPING JENNY GROUND COVER

I always try to add ground cover to my garden.  It helps with the weeds and also adds texture and color.  I've written about all kinds of ground cover choices before.  If you'd like to see that post, go here.


What are your signs of Spring?

ENJOYED THIS POST? 
 Sign up to receive a notification every time I publish by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment