Thursday, July 28, 2016

Espalier Inspiration

I've always wanted to have an espalier in my garden.  I even had the perfect wall for it and an inspiration image.  

Espalier Inspiration
Of course I'm way too impatient, so I planted Japanese boxwood and added geometric trellises in between each one.  If you're a long time follower you've already seen what I came up with for the wall, but hang in there because I have been saving some espalier inspiration that I'll share.

Geometric Trellises and Boxwoods on My Garage Wall
I covered the trellises with climbing cardinal vine.  I grew them from seeds.

Vines and Boxwood On My Garage
Here's a close up of the vine on the trellises.  To see the whole post and get the link to purchasing the seeds, go here.

Close Up Of Vine on Trellis

I haven't given up.  Here are some I'd love to try.



inspired-design.tumblr.com
mysanantonio.com

Have you ever created an espalier in your garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment