Saturday, July 13, 2019

BLACK EYED SUSANS IN MY SUMMER GARDEN

One of my favorite easy-to-grow perennials is Black Eyed Susan.  I started off with a few plants that I've been dividing.  They're pretty much in all my sunny beds now.

The original location was along the porch walkway.  Over the years the few plants multiplied and filled the space.

BLACK EYED SUSANS ALONG THE PORCH WALKWAY

They spread so much that they worked themselves into my purple phlox.  I never thought I'd like purple and yellow, but it works in the flower bed.

PHLOX AND BLACK EYED SUSANS

The butterflies love this garden.

BUTTERFLY ENJOYING THE GARDEN

Did you know that there are giant Black Eyed Susans?  A few years ago I planted them near the kitchen window.  They grow to be about five feet tall. Even though they don't look much different than the other regular Black Eyed Susans, they certainly reach up and fill the window.   Our kitchen table is beside this window.  They create an ever-blooming bouquet to enjoy with our meals. 

GIANT BLACK EYED SUSANS OUT MY KITCHEN WINDOW

LOL.  They even match my draperies.



Do you have a summer bloom that thrives in the heat?

No comments:

Post a Comment