Friday, September 9, 2011

Another Laundry/Pantry Change Up

Recently I updated my kitchen with new fabric and furniture.
Since my laundry/pantry adjoins the kitchen I decided to continue the new look in there too.


BEFORE


AFTER
 If you saw the post about the kitchen you'll recognize the Schumacher chevron fabric on the window and also as a full length drapery in the powder room.  I also changed the two prints on the wall.


View from Kitchen

I also changed the curtains that cover the under-the-counter washer and dryer to a Lee Jofa linen fabric.  If you saw my post on my additional kitchen chairs you'll know that I used this fabric on a pair of parsons chairs too.




  I kept the swing arm curtain rods for easy access to the washer and dryer.




This is the opposite wall with the tiered restaurant pot rack and part of my pantry cupboard.




This is the best I could do with the photo of the pantry cabinet.  The room is long and narrow and I couldn't get back far enough to get a good pic.   You get the idea though. 
(I tried standing on the counter,  lying on the floor, and I even tried to take it from outside through the window.)

  It is an old cabinet.  It needed a top so we added boards similar to the counter.  To co-ordinate it with the corner cabinet we added rope molding and fluting on the sides.  It's been perfect as a pantry.  It has shelves and is just shallow enough so I can actually view everything I have stored inside.  The wide doors also make it easy to access.



This last image is of my favorite feature in the room--the three framed prints.  If you've been following me you know I'm always using architectural prints in my styling.
Below the prints is an urn with a boxwood ball, the books I covered in architectural prints,  a vintage document box, and my signature finial and orb.   I use these document boxes for storage in almost every room.  This one holds small jars of labeled paint samples from my home.  It's much easier to open a small container than it is to open -- and find-- a gallon of paint when I need to do a touch up.


 
So what do you think of this change up?



If you missed the kitchen redo post, go here.  If you missed the previous pantry/laundry change up go here.  To see the parsons chairs in the Lee Jofa fabric, go here.


ENJOYED THIS POST? 
 Sign up to receive a notification every time I publish by clicking here.


14 comments:

  1. Great new look! I really like the book covers & the prints above your cabinet.
    :) CAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you keep managing to take what I think is a perfectly good and well-decorated space or piece and turn it into something FABULOUS! {Sigh}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new fabrics! So perfect for the space and your dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how used the corner cabinet. Where did you find the pot rack? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. So tricky how you covered the dishwasher! I like it! Also, I'm digging your chevron curtains in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before and after are both gorgeous. Love the cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job, both the before and after look fabulous. I love your architectural prints. I have been dying to add some somewhere in my home.

    Thanks for linking up to the Roomspiration party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how it all ties in with the kitchen area etc. Looks like a completely different room and all it took was fabric !

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the redo! the before was just as great as the after!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you originally find your swing arm curtain rods?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought them at Bed Bath and Beyond but that was several years ago.

      Delete
  11. I absolutely love this space. That corner cabinet is divine. I’ve seen this room before but just going back and looking at it again. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete