Saturday, July 20, 2019

MIXING MY MODERN LUCITE COFFEE TABLE WITH A CHINOISERIE PILLOW

There is a very modern lucite coffee table in my family room.  I recently changed it up a bit with some over-sized photography books, bleached antlers, and a bowl of artichokes.  

MY RE-STYLED COFFEE TABLE

I have both green and orange in this room.  To pick up the green in the room, I placed some artichokes in a bowl.  The bowl is a demijohn base with an added copper rim.  A linen chinoiserie pillow brightens up the sofa and repeats the orange found in other parts of the family room.

ARTICHOKES IN DEMIJOHN BASE AND CHINOISERIE PILLOW

 Not only does the linen pillow pick up the green and orange in the room, but it also has the most wonderful piping.  If you look closely you can see the gathers in the corners. 
It's all in the details.

ORANGE AND GREEN CHINOISERIE PILLOW

 I love that you can see my leopard pattern rug through the coffee table.   The shape of the spots is slightly blurred and the pattern is perfectly named Cezanne Leopard.

MY LEOPARD RUG


MY WONDERFUL ARTICHOKES

ANOTHER VIEW OF THE BOWL AND ARTICHOKES

The coffee table has two side pockets for books or magazines.  I leave them empty because they're the perfect spot for my granddaughters to tuck their stuffed animals or for them to drive their toy cars and trucks.

SIDE POCKETS

In addition to the demijohn bowl, I added a stack of large photography books and some bleached antlers.  Of course Bella photo bombed the picture.

DOG PHOTO BOMB

STACK OF OVER-SIZED PHOTOGRAPHY BOOKS

How do you mix and match your decor?

No comments:

Post a Comment