Sunday, December 24, 2017

Our Florentine-Inspired 2017 Christmas Tree

I wasn't sure we were going to get it done, but we just finished decorating our tree.



Check out the tree skirt.  Yep, that's my faux fur coat that I grabbed from the closet.  I've used vintage fur stoles, table runners and sequined jackets under my trees too.

Faux Fur Coat As A Tree Skirt
I would call this year's tree florentine-inspired.

My Florentine-Inspired Tree

The rhinestone garland reminds me of vintage belts.

Rhinestone Garland

The pearl sunburst is double sided and very heavy.

Pearl Sunburst Ornament

The sage green velvet ribbon has rows of rhinestones.  I wove the ribbon vertically through the tree.  For me, it's easier than wrapping it around the tree horizontally.

Sage Velvet Ribbon With Rhinestones

I left the Versace poster in place.  Underneath the poster I centered my deconstructed foot stool from my living room.  I put my over-sized books on to the foot stool and added a lamp base, some magnolia and a florentine print on an easel.  Of course I couldn't help but let the tree decor overflow on to the foot stool.


I was surprised with the unexpected sparkle the lights cast on the poster.





Notice the outline of the lamp base in the background.



I even replaced my MCM mirror with this vintage Italian beauty.

Vintage Florentine Mirror

Wishing everyone a very wonderful holiday season.

To see last year's tree, go here.

2016 Christmas Tree

1 comment: