Sunday, December 18, 2016

Fur, Feathers, and Pearls For Our 2016 Christmas Tree

You may not know this about me, but I'm quite Scroogey about the holidays.  It's not that I don't enjoy the decorating, it's just that I dread taking it all down, packing it away, and finding a place to store it all until next year.  I felt especially lazy this season.  I decided not to decorate the mantels or any other space in the house.  The tree and a fresh wreath on the front door were my holiday concession.

We found a beautiful tree.  I convinced myself that it was so shapely that all it needed was some lights and a draped pearl garland.  My ulterior motive of course was that the less I put on the tree the less I had to remove.  Well, I thought it looked lovely in a minimalistic way.  Unfortunately, anyone who stopped by asked me when I was going to finish decorating the tree.  My sister even offered to help me decorate it! 

 I caved and added some feather wreaths, a section of fur fabric as a tree skirt, and a few ornaments.  The other difference is that I normally photograph our tree in daylight.   I decided to give it a try at night.  I like the shadows and contrasts that the darkness creates.

Our tree with fur, feathers, and pearls.

  
Tree reflected in my mirror on the stairway.

View of the other side of the tree.

Faux fur tree skirt from my fabric stash.

The jester moves when you pull the cord.  Love bubble lights.

Mini Feather Wreath

Pearl Garland


This was our first try with bubble lights.

Gold Tear Drop Ornament



I want to wish each and every one of you a wonderful holiday season.


To see last year's tree, go here.

Last Year's Tree

1 comment:

  1. whatever you do, it's always beautiful Kathy.....Happy Holidays to you and yours! xo

    ReplyDelete