Sunday, November 23, 2014

Fall Vignettes

It's my last gasp of Fall before the December craziness descends upon us.

The colors in my sun room make it very easy to pull together my Fall decor.  
 The dark browns, the corals, and the tans mimic the colors I associate with the season.
I thought the late afternoon sun streaming across the room and 
the almost bare tree branches in the background said Fall to me.  

Late  Fall Afternoon in My Sun Room

I have this large silver tray on my leather ottoman/coffee table.  
I update it for the season.
Antlers, feathers, a worn leather book, some gold tassels,
 and a brown orb on a pedestal add the touch of Fall.


We enter this room from the adjoining dining room.   
When the weather cools,  I add these pillows to my caned back arm chairs.  
The pillows are made from velvet and a section from a vintage rug.  They repeat the browns, golds, 
and corals of Fall. The upholstered chair seats are also velvet with nail head trim.


Coral candleholders are on a small table in the dining room. 
 The draperies and the side chair wear a coral geometric pattern.  
I covered the dining room table with cow hides, antler candlesticks, 
and a stylized horse,  all in brown tones.


The small side table is covered in a leopard print.  


Striped leather books and a weathered ceramic pine cone complete the vignette.


Fall seems to have come and almost gone so quickly.
 I'm already moving on to Christmas, but not quite ready to give up on this short season.



Kathy


Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.




6 comments:

  1. I love your sunroom, it is fabulous and I love the mix of leopard, zebra and the textures of the wicker. Browns, coral and tans are my favorite colors, so this is perfect for me. Can't wait to see what you do for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a great space! i actually worked on my porch today for christmas- it's going to be nice today and tomorrow and i wanted to take advantage of NOT freezing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I need to take advantage of the weather too. I'm having a hard time jumping into Christmas at our house. I think once we get our tree I'll be on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Martina. Can't wait to see what you do for the holiday blog hop.

      Delete