Monday, September 22, 2014

Vintage Caned Back Settee Before and After


In a minute I'll share the before, but wanted to show you how some fabric and paint
 transformed an ugly dated piece into this beauty.




Initially this settee was caned and tufted.
 Of course I remembered to take the before pics when I'd already started removing the old fabric.

BEFORE SIDE VIEW


Here's the back.

BEFORE BACK SIDE

The beige fabric is Belgian linen and the center stripe is black linen.  
This next view is without the coordinating pillow.
And of course, my current favorite furniture accent, nail head.  These are 1".


Settee With Linen Fabric Outlined in Nail Head

Next, the updated side view.



And the view of the new caned back with double cording.



I put the coordinating pillow back on.  Not only does it match the design,
 but it also has cording and a zipper.


Left Side With Pillow


Right Side.  No Pillow

I love the medallion detail in the center.




Close up.



6 comments: