Saturday, October 29, 2011

Framing My Intaglios

I was so happy when I found the perfect frames for the ornaments/faux intaglios
that I purchased a while ago.

Architectural Castings from McClain/Wiesand

Lately I have been liking images and objects framed with over-sized  mats or with large frames surrounding small images.

Via Celerie Kemble

I've been searching for a while for just the right frames.  When I saw these, I knew they were perfect for what I had in mind.


Since the frame is already recessed, I'm going to glue the casting directly to the glass with this.


I already posted about my foyer walls with horizontal stripes.

Foyer and Hallway


Since the bedroom wall lined up with the striped hallway wall, I continued the stripes into our room.
Here are the framed "intaglios" above a console table in our bedroom.


I purchased the wonderful console table even though it was missing its marble top.  I added a mirrored top with a beveled edge.  On the console are my mercury glass jewelry containers, a snakeskin covered box, a clear glass horse head, and in the mirrored frame is a photo of my Mom on the right and my Aunt Diana, her sister, when they were very young working girls.  Aren't they stylish?  Hats and gloves. Wow!




What do you think?

Kath



For a DIY on framing intaglios, check out Mandi's tutorial on her blog, Interior Design Musings.  She found plaster intaglios on Ebay and shared how she framed them. 

Via Interior Design Musings


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, They look fabulous and I Love the frames you used. Thanks for sharing at the Open House Party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frames are wonderful. I love the pic of your mom and mine :).... they are "stylin" girls!

    Love your blog and creativity!

    Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete