Thursday, June 27, 2024

WHAT’S IN BLOOM

 In this summer heat my blooms didn’t disappoint.  It has been an unusally hot and dry start to summer.  I wanted to share what’s in bloom is mid June.  

I found this hanging basket of Calibrachoa outside the grocery store in the almost dead sale section for $5.  I knew I could revive it—and I did.  It’s an annual so I’ll have to look for it next year.

CALIBRACHOA 

I had to look up the name of this perennial.  It’s very low growing with lovely purple/blue blooms.  The bees are feasting on it.  It’s perfect under my bird bath.

WALL GERMANDER

My Evening Primrose is a real fighter.  The aggressive Black Eyed Susans invaded their space.   The Susans were much taller than the Primrose but that feisty plant grew taller and bloomed above the Susans.


EVENING PRIMROSE

I planted this Lamb’s Ear last year and it is thriving.

LAMB’S EAR

My Russian Sage never disappoints.  I’ve been dividing it. And sprinkling it around the beds.  It is unaffected by drought.  Love it.  So easy care.

RUSSIAN SAGE

How does your start of summer garden grow?


No comments:

Post a Comment