Saturday, June 29, 2024

MY FAVORITE DISHES

 If you haven’t noticed, I have an obsession with dishes.  I selected some of my favorites and restyled the cupboard in my butler’s pantry in green and white with gold accents.

CORNER CUPBOARD IN GREEN AND WHITE



The top shelf  has my favorite transferware in green.  I’ve sold off a lot of my vintage dishes but I don’t think I’ll ever part with these green and white dishes.  They actually directed the cupboard styling.  In the center is a large white Italian cachepot and ginger jar salt and pepper.  On the shelf below are some scalloped oyster plates.  I added the pair of green bookends just because they were the right color.


The next shelves hold some of my cabbage leaf collection.  The white luncheon plates are a variation of the green ones.  I have three of these cabbage leaf pedestal dessert stands in graduated sizes.

CABBAGE LEAF CAKE STANDS

The bottom shelf holds more transferware and an ironstone pedestal bowl filled with gold apples, pears and figs.  The demijohn base bowl holds bumble bee napkin rings.

MORE TRANSFERWARE, IRONSTONE COMPOTE AND GOLD ACCENTS

I tied it all together with a selection of gold accents:  figs, apples, pears, bumble bee napkin rings, tassel bookends, artichokes and  weathered furniture finials.

No comments:

Post a Comment