Thursday, December 16, 2021

HOLIDAY HOME TOUR: THE KITCHEN

 With every holiday I try to simplify and streamline my decor.  No tree this year, again.   Instead, I added pops of Christmas around the house. Follow me as I travel around my home adding holiday decor.  In the kitchen I used preserved boxwood, fresh magnolia and cedar cuttings.  I really wanted to add a garland to my hood.  I thought I'd use magnets to attach it.  I was disappointed when I realized that it wasn't magnetic.  It remains unadorned.

MY HOLIDAY KITCHEN

I added some velvet ribbon and gold ornaments under my demijohn.

DEMIJOHN WITH VELVET RIBBON AND GOLD ORNAMENTS

My Santos only needed some magnolia.  The print joined the holiday decor with a bough of cedar.

SANTOS AND VINTAGE PRINT READY FOR THE HOLIDAYS

All my bread board needed was some ribbon and a Magnolia sprig.


BREAD BOARD WITH RIBBON AND MAGNOLIA SPRIG

PRESERVED BOXWOOD WREATH IN MY KITCHEN WINDOW

I swapped the dried artichokes around the base of the boxwood topiary with some golden pears, then added a ribbon to get it in to the holiday mood.

BOXWOOD TOPIARY IN THE HOLIDAY MOOD

Are you keeping it simple this year or going all out?

If you missed my gold and copper mantel post, go here , or click on the image to be directed to the post.

HOLIDAY MANTEL

Next holiday room will be my entry.  I used a garland there and added some oversized ornaments.  Check it out this weekend.

Any suggestions for attaching a garland to a hood without creating any damage would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment