Saturday, September 5, 2020

STEAL THESE RETAIL DETAILS: STACKING BOOKS

Using books to style a retail space has always been my go to for merchandising.  I use books as risers,  stack them in cloches and urns, cover them with animal prints, or wrap them in ribbons.   I selected some of my favorite store displays with books to share with you. Of course you can use these same ideas to style your home.


I love urns in any shape or size.  Filling them with books makes me love them even more.

BALANCED ON AN URN


TUCKED INSIDE AN URN


Rather than upholster this footstool, I used it as a base for some oversized books and created a "table".

OVERSIZED BOOKS CREATE A TABLE TOP


Books make perfect pedestals for displays.

PLASTER RAM ON A BOOK PEDESTAL


TURTLE SHELLS ON A TOWER OF BOOKS


A cloche is the perfect way to display treasures under glass.  This time the treasures are a stack of books that make the bust just the right height.

BOOKS AS RISERS


Mix or cover them with animal prints?

STACKED INSIDE A TRAY


STACKED BOOKS WITH ANIMAL PRINTS


What about wrapping the books together?

WRAPPED IN A VELVET RIBBON


WRAPPED WITH A BELT



You can also stack sideways.

STACKED SIDEWAYS AND VERTICALLY


STACKED VERTICALLY


I like stacking them inside the shelves of a cupboard.

INSIDE A CUPBOARD


STACKED INSIDE CUPBOARD SHELVES


City, state, and longitude/latitude, make perfect stacks.

STACKING BY LOCATION AND CO-ORDINATES


How do you  use books to style your space?

To see all my store styling, go to my Pinterest page here.

Or follow on Instagram @allaboutvignettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment