Saturday, January 11, 2020

NINE YEARS OF BLOGGING

As we enter a new decade, I thought I'd share my ten all time most popular posts.  Yes, we're beginning a new decade and I'm also beginning my tenth year of blogging.  It all started when I was a guest on The Nate Berkus Show.  He suggested that I start a blog.  It's been a wonderful way to share all my crazy design experiments, but I think the biggest and most rewarding part of it all was the unexpected benefit of connecting to my readers and fellow bloggers.  I have made so many e-friends over the years.  Sometimes an unexpected result is the best.  

You can check out my first post if you'd like.  It explains how I became involved in blogging.
Click here.

I wanted to make one more comment about the rewards of blogging.   My photography skills were greatly improved.  Actually, my photography skills were non existent when I started.  I guess that photography was another benefit from writing the blog.  My original photos were taken with a cell phone.  I'm on my second camera now.  The photos that I took in the beginning are cringe worthy.  Don't judge.  

Here are the ten all-time most viewed of my posts.  I'll begin with the tenth most popular.  If you want to see the full post, just click on the image or the number and you'll be directed there.



I had and unfortunately still have a 1970's knotty pine kitchen.  To update it, I painted the cabinets, changed the hardware, and added Duralee Snakeskin fabric as a back splash.  It's still in my kitchen and I still love the snakeskin.  

SNAKESKIN FABRIC AND NAIL HEAD TRIM IN MY KITCHEN


I found a very weathered garden table.  I guess it reminded me of a clock face.  That's how an umbrella table became a clock.

UMBRELLA TABLE TO CLOCK


I credit my screened porch redo for a feature of my home on a Houzz Home Tour.

MY SCREENED PORCH

NUMBER 7

If you're a regular reader of my blog you know that many times I write about a design topic and share images to illustrate the decor ideas.  I love using empty vintage frames.  The next two all time popular posts contain empty frames.

FRAMES:  BUNDLED, LAYERED, AND STACKED


My number 6 also contained ideas for using empty frames.

HOW I FILLED AN EMPTY FRAME

NUMBER 5

One of my favorite things to do is to style a bookcase.  I guess my readers liked it too.

MY STYLED BOOKCASE

NUMBER 4

The popularity of this next post surprised me.  It was a post for Memorial Day and I shared cottage gardens in red, white and blue.

COTTAGE GARDENS

NUMBER 3

The popularity of this post shows how many DIYers there are out there.  It was my solution for a sweet side table with damaged veneer.

A SOLUTION FOR DAMAGED VENEER


I obviously have some gardeners in the audience.  This post shared my best ground cover for shady spaces.  I also shared some other ground cover solutions.

SWEET WOODRUFF GROUND COVER


My all time most pinned post is the gallery wall I created in my daughter's apartment.   I don't think that gallery walls will ever go out of style.  They are my nemesis though.

MY DAUGHTER'S GALLERY WALL

I wanted to say that I was surprised by some of the posts that were viewed so many times.

I also wanted to say thank you to all of you who have been following along and for your encouragement and support.  I hope you'll follow me into the new decade.

Happy New Year.

FYI:  The most viewed post(s) of 2019:  My Laundry/Pantry.

It was in two parts.

To see Part One of my laundry/pantry, click here.

CHINA IN MY PANTRY

To view Part 2, click here.

BREAD BOARDS, BOOKS, ART AND ARCHITECTURE IN MY PANTRY

2 comments:

  1. I always love your posts and your fabulous style. Congrats on 9 great years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ron. Love following your blog too. Happy New Year.

      Delete