Saturday, August 3, 2019

My Dilemma with Gallery Walls

Now, gallery walls, my nemesis.

My only experience with a gallery wall was at my daughter's apartment,
and I have to admit that my husband had to rescue me.

Gallery Wall at My Daughter's Apartment

I have since seen some suggestions for gallery walls that appear to be random arrangements rather than perfectly centered and lined up.  I think this is the way to go.

Via


Via
This next arrangement may be a little too symmetrical for me.
What do you think?



This seems easier since there aren't as many frames.



This would help on a stairwell.

Above a table.



I think that someone with my spacial relationship abilities could achieve this diagonal arrangement without measuring.  What do you think?

VIA


How easy would this be?



This next arrangement would involve no nail holes in the wall at all. How many mistake holes do you have hidden behind your artwork?

Suspend rope and move the pictures around as many times as you need to to get it right.
 Suspended links of chain would be even easier.


And for the seriously math challenged (like me) I think these next images are perfect solutions.

Just line up the bottoms of frames.  If the frames are different sizes, all the better.  Even I would be able to draw a straight line with my favorite tool, a four foot level, and line them up.  Or, just lean them on a ledge.

Via

What about a double row.  Feeling challenged?

Via

Same idea, love the addition of the antlers.

Via

If you really want some instructions on arranging your gallery wall,
you'll find some gallery wall cheat sheets here.

There are more examples as well as image sources on my Pinterest page.  Click on this link.

ENJOYED THIS POST? 
 Sign up to receive a notification every time I publish by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment